All Discussions (4255)

Sort by

Timed feeder?

I have been looking for a timed feeder that will hold and distribute grain at a time that you can set.  We have an auto feeder- without a timer- but don't use it since our picky little goats will not eat anything that sits out.  I feed grain twice pe

Read more…
6 Replies
Views: 89

Problems with worms

It has been so wet here in eastern NC.  I would even call it soggy.  We have had several inches of rain in the course of a couple of days.  We saw this type of soaking about a month ago as well.  I have noticed- both times- that worms (tiny, white on

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 93

Farm Dogs

Hello People!! Farm dogs -- everyone has them, so let's start a discussion to find the most popular breeds, shall we!! I'll start! RDTEE Farms has three dogs, but just two "farm dogs". Starting with oldest, we have Morgan (female). She is a 9 year

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 106

Birthing signs

Hi fellow goat-lovers, I have a pregnant goat (didn't plan on it), and am not quite sure when conception was. What should I look for (and how often) in trying to tell when she might have her kid(s)? I have two older wethers and two older wether sheep

Read more…
5 Replies
Views: 350

Introduction

Hi all! My name is Tammy Birrer and I live in beautiful Leona Valley, Ca. My family has a small 3 acre farm/ranch in which we raise lots of different animals. I am a 4-H leader for Rabbit and a small livestock leader for Grange. We enjoy showing mark

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 24

Breeding Nigerians

I am new to Nigerian Dwarf Goats. I have 2 bucks and 1 doe. Currently, I have had one doe and one buck together in the same pen since mid Oct. hoping for breeding. I have not seen them do the deed. The doe is 1yr, 2 mo. and the buck is 1 yr, 1 mo. ol

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 56

Introduction

Hi, My name is Kayleen and I have a dream of having a functioning self sufficent homestead in northeast AZ. We have the land, garden, solar/wind power, and the chickens. We don't have goats yet, but want to add them this year. I am here to learn anyt

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 32

Flying Goats?

I have an offer on one of my does, and the buyer is on the other side of the country. I think the doe is bred, but not positive. If she is, she is due sometime between the end of Feb and the end of March. We were supposed to ship her just after the n

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 173

Lutalyse

How do you feel about Lutalyse or other heat-inducing medications? We don't have any bucks yet and our breeder instructed us to have our doe injected with this so she would be ready for breeding this weekend. I guess I'm OK with it as I can never tel

Read more…
10 Replies
Views: 1366

me- AGAIN

Ok- I have put a call into the vet and am waiting for a return call. One of the older goats still has the golf ball size- what I assume is an abscess. I also found scour in the house- again. This time it had tiny (1-2 mm) white- I assume- worms separ

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 90