All Discussions (4256)

Sort by

Hoof Trimming- again

I posted before on this- but need a bit more info. We have been trimming the hooves a bit, but are now looking to buy better tools- we had been using a pair of clippers from my husband's toolbox. I see several types of hoof trimmers, hoof planes, hoo

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 67

milk fat

Clearly Nigerian dwarf milk is excellent for cheese making with its high fat content. But is the milk too rich for regular milk consumption? Would I get obese by pouring Nigerian dwarf goat milk on my bowl of cereal every morning?

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 197

Milking Does

Hello! Okay, so I am sure you all know by now that I do not have milking does. However, when attending shows and trying to to promote the Nigerian, the most common question I cannot answer is "How much milk can they provide compared to a larger bree

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 123

Introductions

I am a little on the technology challenged side so I think I was supposed to introduce myself here instead of on "My Page". My husband and I have a small farm in Florida. We have been boarding horses for about 12 years but 2 years ago we were at the

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 25

Hoof Trimming

I am looking for input: How do you know when it is time to trim hooves? Do you do it yourself or have a vet do it? How difficult is it to do it properly if you have never done it before? Are there any helpful websites or books if you DIY? Any other t

Read more…
7 Replies
Views: 405

Kids Adjusting

We got our 2 wethers (3.5 months old) on Monday. They are fine at night, but they make a horrific bleating sound all day. Day 1 was horrible. I am surprised our neighbors will even talk to us and they don't even live too close. They sounds were ALL d

Read more…
8 Replies
Views: 94