All Discussions (4251)

Sort by

alpacas

We are planning on getting our first two alpacas (6 month old males) this weekend.  The reasons are many....first off, they are so darn cute!.....the fiber....also the theory of them being great herd protectors as we are moving a corral a little furt

Read more…
10 Replies
Views: 1528

new babies

I'm not sure I know how to use this site yet, but wanted to announce the birth of two new babies yesterday. One is larger than the other and seems to be the only one nursing the last two times I've been out there. Brownie (the smaller one) has nursed

Read more…
12 Replies
Views: 97

Websites

While many of the members here already have websites up or at least partially up, I would love to see others take the plunge.   Reasons for not putting up a site usually fall into one of two categories - its too complicated, or I don't have enough ti

Read more…
7 Replies
Views: 96

Milking Supplies

Thought I would share some resources for milking supplies that I have found that come from some less than traditional goat sources.  I'm hoping others will jump in here and share their finds too!

Scale:  Pelouze Model #7842 is on the recommended list

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 169

Hi Everybody-

My husband and I are discovering country life and Nigerians a little later in life than most,  but we are enjoying it so much.  We still can't quite believe (and our grown children can't believe it either!) that we have a little acreage in North

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 108

Hello from Utah

We are a small Homestead, I have a large garden, 2 pigs, 2 Nigerian dwarf does, 3 Nubian does (one who has been sold and is just waiting until she kids), and1 pygmy goat doe and one Nigerian dwarf Buck.chickens, cats, rabbits and 3 dogs.
Presently I a

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 97

introduction

Hello...I am Deb Rock, fairly new to forum, of ROCK-FARMS.COM, an RN turned fiber farmer, and now dairy goater! WE have a small farm between De Kalb and Rockford,IL...started with Tennessee Walking Horses, got a few chickens,then exploded! Now have P

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 79

Howdy from NC

Howdy y'all,

I live in NC and wish I had a farm, but as of now I don't. I do have a few animals and chickens coming when the weather warms up. I am  currently trying to convince my fiancé that we need some dairy goats...I have used the we won't need m

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 71

Timed feeder?

I have been looking for a timed feeder that will hold and distribute grain at a time that you can set.  We have an auto feeder- without a timer- but don't use it since our picky little goats will not eat anything that sits out.  I feed grain twice pe

Read more…
6 Replies
Views: 88

Problems with worms

It has been so wet here in eastern NC.  I would even call it soggy.  We have had several inches of rain in the course of a couple of days.  We saw this type of soaking about a month ago as well.  I have noticed- both times- that worms (tiny, white on

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 92

Farm Dogs

Hello People!! Farm dogs -- everyone has them, so let's start a discussion to find the most popular breeds, shall we!! I'll start! RDTEE Farms has three dogs, but just two "farm dogs". Starting with oldest, we have Morgan (female). She is a 9 year

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 106