All Discussions (4251)

Sort by

Weather

Is there a temperature that is to hot or cold for a goat? Our temperature is up and down right now.  Today it will be over 80 degrees.  Later this week, it will be in the 50's.  What do you all do if it gets really hot or cold? Any information would

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 52

Difficult birthing

Hi all,

Need some advice on what to do for my doe after a difficult birth.  She had one by herself and the second kid was not coming so I had to go in all the way and turn the head around. One leg was forward and I couldn't fine the other at first, bu

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 56

How do you treat lice?

Hello everyone. After noticing excessive foot stomping and licking I have noticed that one of my does shed out heavily and now has some bald patches. I am convinced it is lice although I cant see anything. She does seem to be excessively scaley. We h

Read more…
5 Replies
Views: 335

Shearing Time?

When is the correct time in the year to shear off that winter hair? I know this is a question I have every year, but usually mangage to figure out but when my goats get hot outside. But with the addition of two new goats over a year and a half ago, I

Read more…
13 Replies
Views: 683

Goats acting strange

I have never had this happen before. Was wondering if anyone recognized the symptoms. Several weeks ago it started with a young buck that would start stamping his feet and wagging his tail and run to the corner. He acted like he was annoyed. I checke

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 104

New Goat

Our new goat "Daisy".  She is the 1/2 sister to our "Rosie".  We purchased her from Creekside Farm.  She is a very easy going goat that never kicks and is producing 1/2 gallon of milk a day.  We have enjoyed adding her to our herd.  

059.JPG

Read more…
0 Replies
Views: 24

Lime

I've recently had a friend from Georgia tell me that she has seperated her pasture off, so she can lime parts of it to kill parasites. I have never heard of this and didn't think you could put anything down to kill them. Anybody heard of this?

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 110