All Discussions (4256)

Sort by

Sunburnt Goats!

Okay, so I am looking for some experinced goat people! - or novice! I have a goat who has a white back and every year she sunsburns really really bad. We have not shade out here, besides the shade her spools provide, and even when there is shade fro

Read more…
9 Replies
Views: 576

Spring Concerns

Hello All!

I am in charge of my county's 4-H Goat Project Newsletter. I am currently working on the spring edition and wanted some input. I am wondering if there are any concerns with spring that should be included, any spring show tips, breeding,

Read more…
6 Replies
Views: 63

Bloat

I bought a mother goat with her 10 day old singleton. She's been fed sweet feed.  She looks bloated to me or like she is still pregnant.  Is this normal in Nigerians?

Jan

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 66

SICK PREGNANT GOAT

ASKING FOR ADVICE--OUR GOAT IS 4 MONTHS PREGNANT.  SINCE FRIDAY SHE HAS BEEN SICK W/ FEVER 105+, LETHARGIC, AND SORT OF "FLAT" LOOKING.  STANDING OFF UNDER THE HAY BIN BY HERSELF AND DOES NOT WANT TO BE MESSED WITH.
SOME THINGS TO KNOW:
STILL EATING TH

Read more…
14 Replies
Views: 140

WormGuard

Came across this goat dewormer today while looking for poultry dewormer. It is WormGuard plus. It claims to be all natural, kill every type of parasite and so on. Anyone ever heard of it? Used it? It sounded a bit to good to be true to me.

Link wit

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 80

Variety of goats

Does anybody know if you can put nigerian dwarf goats and nubian goats together? I know that there is a size difference.  I would love to mix the nigerian with 1/2 nubian to make a mini nubian.  Any advice?

Thanks,

Tammy

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 33

Goats pecking order

We have two goats that are 1/2 sisters.  The dominating one is very aggressive to her sister.  It has become to the point that she will not even offer to fight back.  She takes the head butting and she gets hit often.  I understand the pecking order,

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 189

Barrels/Guard Dogs

Where do you find the round barrels for the goats to jump up on?  Silly question...

Also, we have a Great Prynese that is mixed with lab and ?  He is very agressive.  Would he attack our goats? or are they mostly a guard dog of the goats? Would you p

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 45

goat pen size and floor

I am going to be getting 2 nigerian dwarf wethers  and i plan on making the pen 16ft by 16 ft and using a calf hutch that is 4by 8ft , with a plywood frame bottom that is raised off the ground.The pen floor will be covered  with of wood chips because

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 1556