All Discussions (4253)

Sort by

Greetings from CA

My name is Becky and I have 6 children, 4 grandchildren, 2 wether kids, 2 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, 3 hens and 1 rooster.  That is every one for today, you never know around here.  We have about an acre and a half.  I love my goats.  I have had goat off a

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 66

bug sprays...?

Question - I forgot to ask my vet this morning....

Is there a spray product available that is safe for goats to deter mosquitoes ???? 
We live near a rather large man made pond (small lake really) that has a spring running into it behind our property,

Read more…
5 Replies
Views: 251

My grades are in!

I FINALLY got my grades! I got a 965/1000 (A) in IT Project and Team Management and In English II I got 912/1000 (A). I have a break this week, and then next week I cram 16 weeks of International Business Law and Ethics, and Management Information Sy

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 61

Tattooing

Somewhere on here... I saw someone say that reputable breeders tattoo their goats. I seem to recall that all the other goats in the herd had been tattooed where I got my goats but mine and their brother had not been done yet. Which farm name goes in

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 74

Weather

I was wondering what everybody is using to keep their goats cool? and warm in the winter? We have a metal barn and currently, use one big industrial fan and two box fans.  It has 4 stalls, plus: storage stall. 

The temp. in Kentucky is 95 degrees. 

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 38

Wethers: Diet

Hi and Happy July 4th to all!! I am a proud new owner to 4 Nigerian Dwarf goats: 1 four year old doe and her 3 month old doe ling as well as two other kids: a 3 month old doe ling and a 3 month old wether. My question is...when do I wean the wether o

Read more…
5 Replies
Views: 956

Safe Guard

I used to use Safeguard, but realized it was not working when I would still find white eyelids. But I just read a different dosage on it and am wondering if this why it wouldn't work for me.

For my goats, I would just do 1.2 cc per 50 pounds. But t

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 102

own a buck or no?

What are the thoughts on this?  I have only seen one breeder that offered "buck" service.  Does anyone have any ideas on my luck with this?  A neighbor has goats and she offered a buck rag for me when fall comes.  My girls were a year old in March an

Read more…
24 Replies
Views: 180

Fat Goat?

Okay, so after my mishap with the scale and Hansel's odd weight, I am thinking maybe he is just fat. But how does one tell? I mean his sides are big sometimes, but someone told me that is jsut a sign of a good ruminet. He looks nice when he stands ta

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 113