All Discussions (4257)

Sort by

Chicken Question

Hello!

I know there are some poultry people on this site, so maybe someone can answer this question.

Recently we've had some poultry deaths do to worms. We purchased Wazine dewormer, but these are laying hens. Does anyone know the egg withdrawal

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 27

Goat Treats

OK, I know there are probably a million recipes out there.  I am looking for recipes or ideas for goats treats.  I have a young goat I am trying to train and she won't take any normal treats.  I am looking for all the ideas this audience has had luck

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 39

traveling and expecting

Ok, as it stands right now we are expecting kids the 29th and 31st of January. We normally go out of town for a week at Christmas to Dallas. We have someone set up to come by twice a day, and feed the animals etc, They could take the goats to the vet

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 17

HI From Washington!

HI-
I don't have any goats at the moment, but I am most interested in ND's because of size and cost of feeding.  I live on 5 acres of grass, pine and oak.  I have a 5 and 3 year old boys who are also excited about the goats.  I think I have just succe

Read more…
7 Replies
Views: 59

Hay is in...

We have 4 gals and a buck eating hay through the winter here.  I have been feeding less than a bale a week and that seems to be enough. The husband gets lots of browse to hang over the fence and ,of course there are the goat walks.  

Today we went for

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 28

Does In Heat

Today, two of my does were fighting a lot. These does normally leave each other alone. One of them was making weird moaning noises and her tail was wagging a lot. And she kept smelling the butt of the other doe. My guess is that she is in heat? The o

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 50

Kidding

Is it possible for a breed doe to give birth before 5 months? It seems to me that we have 3 out of 4 does pregnant.  Two are not being milked anymore because they only give 1/2 cup of milk or less a day and the milk turned slightly yellow.  The one t

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 40