All Discussions (4256)

Sort by

Introductions...

Hello to every one!

We are in Ontario, Canada and have a 100acre farm which we farm organically. We run a CSA and use two Suffolk Punch draft horses to do the cultivating etc, we also raise Heritage Berkshire Pigs, and my husband is a newbee (apologi

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 14

Introduction

Thank you for all of your kind welcome wishes. My husband, son and I have a small herd of ND goats, NW of Portland OR. I am a member of ANDDA, ADGA, AGS and NWODairy Goat Assoc. Our breeding program puts an emphasis on productive dairy animals, that

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 72

Hello!

I just joined this forum and wanted to introduce myself.  We purchased two does, a buck and a wether a couple of weeks ago.  The does are supposed to be due in September, although only one was confirmed bred when they arrived.  I am glad to find this

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 82

Type of Ivermectin

I was just wondering what kind of Ivermectin people bought for thier goats? I usually get stuff from the vet, but lately it seems to be more a of hasel to get it from him. So I wanted to just buy some for myself at TSC. Do people buy horse? I know wh

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 84

10 days until due date

Since I've never owned Nigerian Dwarfs before I am not sure if she is pregnant or not. The seller gave me a due date of June 25th.  She is barrel shaped but no udder started yet. She is acting oddly..more quiet, wanting to be near me, laying down a l

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 43

Hello from Alaska!

Hi, I am a brand new goat owner, and so far the information on this site has been so helpful. It's nice to know that I am not alone in my obsession..Lol.  I live in Chitina, Ak. This is not the end of the road but it is the end of the paved part.....

Read more…
9 Replies
Views: 80