All Discussions (4257)

Sort by

Soybeans?

As I posted in my blog recently, the goats are grazing near a green soybean field. Well, recently the goats have been getting closer and closer to the soybean field. I saw them over by the field today, but can't be sure if they ate any.

My question

Read more…
7 Replies
Views: 111

Non-Goat People

We are going on a four day trip next week (first in many, many years!), and it will really be only the second time I'll be leaving the goats in the hands of someone else. The people caring for the goats have really no experince with goats - mostly ho

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 45

Goat Behavior

I thought it would be fun to discuss various odd goat behaviors...When I first brought home one of my young goats she would stiffen her front legs, ponce forward and bark, cough at the sight of my dog.  He is the sweetest dog, but does look threateni

Read more…
8 Replies
Views: 58

My first goat birth

I promised to share my experiences with my first kidding, so I decided to start a mini-blog beginning with the first signs of labor.  

Trauma, aka Queenie, is due anywhere from September 4th to the 13th since the previous owner “pen bred” her.  This

Read more…
11 Replies
Views: 136

A note of Thanks

Hello ALL! I am writing because I won the wonderful goat milk soap from Deborah Neimann-Boehle and it recently arrived in the mail and it is just terrific!!! it smells wonderful! she is truly an artisan. If anyone is looking to buy soap she has a ter

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 58

Hello!

I picked up our first goat last night.:o) She isn't registered,and I actually don't even know for sure if she's a nigerian dwarf but she's looked enough like one to give her a shot for 20 dollars...lol.

I fell in love with these little goats about six

Read more…
9 Replies
Views: 134

Cherry tree leaves

Hi again from Minnesota. Does anybody out there have experience with goats and cherry tree leaves. I know the wilted leaves are listed as poisonous to goats. I still don't have any yet but I'm making the yard for them on my small piece of property. W

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 195

Not Pregnant?

At the end of April, we brought a buck in who spent about a week and a half with my girls. The older doe didn't seem to come back into heat and gained weight over the summer, so we thought she was pregnant.  However, this is our first time breeding s

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 87

We are in the process of getting our goat shelter and pen set up. When that is complete then we will bring home a 2 year old registered ND female who already pregnant due in Feb and a younger doe 9 mo that is 3/4 ND. We are breeding her with a fully

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 85

Rhododendron

One of my goats (only 2 months old) got half of a dried, but yellow leaf.  I called the vet.  He said that the goat should not vomit, and if it does then I will need to get medication.  All of the websites I read say the goat should vomit to get rid

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 104

Again?

My milker was down on her milk today.  The weather has gone from very hot to fall weather.  She hang on the buck fence as soon as she got into the outside fence...tail up. standing.  When I put her in I watched him penetrate and hunch and minutes lat

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 27

Hi, I'm Debby

I am new to the whole farm business. It is something I have wanted to do for as long as I can remember. I spent the last three years in Iraq, as a contractor, paid off all my bills and put a good downpayment on a 10.44 acre farm in West Central India

Read more…
7 Replies
Views: 101