All Discussions (4258)

Sort by

Recommending Reading

Morning All,

Could you all please recommend some good goat books for us to read, I am finding what I have on animal husbandry at the moment only contains two pages on goat care!!, also not overly impressed with our Vets so I know once our ND's arrive

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 42

Maine Nigerian Dwarf Farm

I am not sure how to use this forum but I'll just jump in.  I joined a while ago after I acquired a small herd of five.  They include a buck, a wether, a pregnant doe, a milker and her buckling.  The pregnant doe has quickly won my heart as she is qu

Read more…
3 Replies
Views: 49

Hello

I recently joined your group in hopes of meeting other goat owners in my area and also to maybe learn from your experiences.  I currently have three Nigerians - a doe that is about 19 months old and her son who is now just over 5 months old and anoth

Read more…
5 Replies
Views: 62

Barn Heat

Has anybody heard that when using a heating lamp, you should use infered lightbulbs or the red lightbulbs? Someone said today that I should not use white heating lamp bulbs. Because it hurts the kids eyes. We currently are using white heating lamp bu

Read more…
7 Replies
Views: 567

Can I use this?

Ok it has taken me longer than I had hoped to get the ivomec that my mentor suggested for worming my pregnant Isabel. The problem is I am not sure they gave me the right thing.

EQUIMAX
(Ivermectin 1.87%/
Praxiquantel 14.03%)
Paste
Anthelmintic and Botic

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 1027

Cystic goat

She's back in a raging heat and I suspect she is cystic.  How do I obtain the shots she needs to fix this problem?  I don't have a local vet or the money to travel and pay for one farther south. Any help would be appreciated.

Jan

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 34

Soap molds

Now that the cold weather is starting I would like to start back up to making soap with my extra milk. I would like to make large oval or rectangular shaped bars with smooth corners but the only molds I have found for this are plastic. The catalog st

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 22

Introductions

Hello there!  New to this group, I live on a small farm in East Texas with my 2 teenagers (the youngest two of my human kids).  We've had a few goats for several years, and they've been a lot of help and entertainment.  We recently got our first regi

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 39