All Discussions (4256)

Sort by

Hello and some questions

We are planning on adding some family milk goats to our farm early next year. We're trying to learn as much as possible before then. What would you recommend as a starting point, in terms of purchasing goats. We love milk, cheese, etc, so our biggest

Read more…
6 Replies
Views: 60

Poops!

Despite having 1.5 acres we still have neighbors directly to the north of our property, across the road to the south and I believe the land to the west may belong to someone but it so wooded that they don't use that portion. The east appears to be ve

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 59

Predator Defense

I am wondering what is necessary and helpful to protect these little goats from predators. We have 2 young wethers- just picked them up today. We do not have a dog. They have a 4 foot fence around their house. Do we need to have the area lit up all n

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 90

Bedding

Okay. So for years I've been known as the weirdo who uses sawdust for stall bedding for my goats. So I thought it might be fun to start a poll. What kind of bedding does everyone else use and why? I think it will be fun to see what kind most people

Read more…
9 Replies
Views: 973

Traveling with goats

The Hybrid is certainly not large enough for 3 dogs and two goats so we are getting a truck...probably a 94 F150 from my sister to be used when transporting the goats. We Travel about 3 weeks a year, and while we could likely find someone willing to

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 85

Dewormers

Hey, Right now I am just rotating between Safeguard and Ivermection. So I was wondering if anyone knew of another type of oral dewormer for goats. I have heard people using different types of horse dewormer, but I'm not sure on the dosage. I also ha

Read more…
6 Replies
Views: 133

Intro

My name is Apryl and I love in the small town of Munford, Al in the northeastern part of the state. My husband and I started several years ago with Boer goats, added Kikos early last year and, finally, this year I was able to get the dairy goats I've

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 48