Goats 101 (957)

Digestive aids

Recent reading on the FiasCo farm website suggests that giving an active yeast culture (from the feed store)  can be beneficial. Does anyone else have actual experience with this? When and how much do you give.

Also, I am having trouble keeping their

Read more…
6 Replies
Views: 788

Movable Pens

Recently I've been asked a LOT about my movable pens, so I thought I'd start a discussion forum about this and help explain better, that way people have a place to refer to.

First off, here is a picture of my famous fence (thanks to my engineer dad

Read more…
67 Replies
Views: 9366

Hay is in...

We have 4 gals and a buck eating hay through the winter here.  I have been feeding less than a bale a week and that seems to be enough. The husband gets lots of browse to hang over the fence and ,of course there are the goat walks.  

Today we went for

Read more…
2 Replies
Views: 30

Recommending Reading

Morning All,

Could you all please recommend some good goat books for us to read, I am finding what I have on animal husbandry at the moment only contains two pages on goat care!!, also not overly impressed with our Vets so I know once our ND's arrive

Read more…
4 Replies
Views: 42

Variety of goats

Does anybody know if you can put nigerian dwarf goats and nubian goats together? I know that there is a size difference.  I would love to mix the nigerian with 1/2 nubian to make a mini nubian.  Any advice?

Thanks,

Tammy

Read more…
1 Reply
Views: 34
RSS
Email me when there are new items in this category –