Finally Sapphire kidded last night between 8:00pm and 10.00pm. Of course she picked the coldest day we have had in a month or more to have her kids. It was below freezing for the first time since Febuary.She had twins a buck and a doe. Her doe looks almost the same as her doe from last year. The buck is white with some brown and black patches the first picture and her doe is chamise the second picture.

100_0236A.JPG

100_0237.JPG

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes Wind Dancer is the dad to the two kids.They are  about the size of two man handfulls. The doe is almost half the size of the buck. But they are both active. We took them out of the kid pen and watched them play in the yard a little bit this afternoon and both were just jumping around and having fun.So cute to watch them play. I know about the milk once you taste it you will never go back to store bought cows milk
  • I'm glad she finally freshened!  They are both beautiful =)  Have fun with them ~ I don't think it's possible to watch kids play and not smile!
  • :) SEE?!?! Fresh and FABULOUS. I was hooked after the first taste. I can't wait to be in milk again, and get my system running to where I never have to drink Cow's milk again!!

Melissa Johnson said:

I was so pleasantly surprised it taste like half and half - no goaty taste at all.  -)  worth the effort

• Hey! did you take my goats???  LOL.  dont they look so similiar?  fantastic!  did you Wind Dancer for sire?

Oh, everyone is so right - I finally fought ;) Rebekah for some milk this a.m. and actually got bout a cup full.  Ok, not so impressive in quantity - but I was so pleasantly surprised it taste like half and half - no goaty taste at all.  -)  worth the effort and today?  belly trim.

congrats Julia - glad all went well.  at least we have 2 days of spring with sunshine in store.

• Adorable! Congratulations! I saw a photo of a man holding one laying down in his palm. Is that how small they are?
  • Congratulations!
  • Love them!! Babies are so much fun. I can't wait to have our OWN this year!! I'm crossing my fingers for DOELINGS!! (I get to KEEP those.)
This reply was deleted.