Housing

Has anyone ever tried to build a goat shelter from free pallet wood? There is a man about 15 minutes away that says he has about 300 pallets 50 shipping crates and some plywood each week that he needs to get rid of. We assume we would need to take them apart and then put them back together in such a way that we could make goat houses and climbing toys. We love to be thrifty. Perhaps if I can manage to build them myself it will go a bit farther in convincing David...

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just realized how old your post was. -( oops.
  • the shipping crates sound like that could really make a cool house for goats!  maybe you could use the pallets to elevate the crate?  And plywood if it is good is always a plus!!  I am working on another section of my barn for the goats and there is a space I could put the stanchion "out" of the area they live in.  Point of that is, I am going to put down a piece of 4 mil plastic for any moisture - a piece of scrap plywood then put my stanchion on top.  So, always plywood ^^  come to think of it, crate for house - plywood for the roof!
  • I just saw on craigslist last week someone making chicken coops from shipping crates that 4 wheelers come in. I don't see why you can't do the same for goats
  • I just made a gate using a pallet - it is what I am using to attach some make shift wire to - I used 2 T post to stablize the pallet which is standing with the boards running side to side - I saw a pallet on the site BlueVelvetChair under pallets which the face of a girl on it - I replicated that.  It looks awesome!  just looking through some old post - I am in the process of making another room for the goats in the barn - hope all is well. ^^
This reply was deleted.