Hello from Ontario, Canada

Hello all, my name is Aileen, I have a very small herd of Nigerian Dwarf Goats. 

I have 4 females ( between 8-10 mths old) and 2 males (6 mths) . Currently trying to bred them (10mth old one) ... not sure if I've been successful or not.

I came to this forum to find some answers about a sick goat and breeding and minerals for goats

If anyone knows where I can purchase loose minerals for goats in Ontario, please please let me know. 

Thanks 

Aileen 

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm sorry to hear that your sick goat did not make it. 
    Hope you come across a great mineral. Look forward to hearing back from you!
    Tammy

• Thanks so much. I did read Deborah's article, I will do some research and post what I find.

Unfortunately my sick goat passed away. I"m not 100% sure what was wrong with her. I did a lot of research and she didn't have any symptoms of typical goat illnesses. 

The rest of my herd appears healthy and well. 

Thanks

Aileen

• Hi Aileen!

Unfortunately goidvloose goat minerals are going to be hard to find in Canada. If you do come across one, please share it with us so we will have that info for others :)

In the meantime you can look for a cow mineral that is as close as possible to the formulation of SweetLix MeatMaker or Purina Goat Mineral  

I am posting a link here to an article that Deborah wrote that is full of great info on minerals. You will find a chart that has comparison of several minerals available here in the US. 
    https://thriftyhomesteader.com/goat-minerals/

What is going on with your sick goat?

~Tammy

Goat Minerals: Why, What, and How
    When some people get started with goats, they may overlook a very important aspect of their care by failing to provide free-choice, loose goat minera…
This reply was deleted.