What's up with Hoegger's?

I placed an order with Hoegger's on the 11th, and have never received any confirmation, let alone shipping information. I tried to call them but it says their 800 number is disconnected. I've also emailed customer service and have yet to get a response. Does anyone know what's going on with them?

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Another place that might have filters is Azure Standard. I know I got some from them some time ago. Their customer service is fabulous!
  • It is pretty sad, especially in light of what you said about this being a business that was built by grandparents/parents for their children.  I guess I shouldn't complain too much because at least I finally got my order and I'm not out hundreds of dollars like some people are.  I wonder if religious extremism is a factor, since that tract that was put in my order indicated that's going on. 

I feel like an old crank lately, because it seems like I encounter shady business practices so often.  Even my beloved hay supplier gave me a few bales of what was basically stems - worthless for goats.  All the more reason to promote the businesses that are trustworthy, I suppose. 

• I googled "BBB complaints Hoegger" and it popped right up. This is SO unbelievably sad! It was such an awesome business for so many decades.

I just checked out their Facebook page, and they haven't posted anything on there since September 13. There is a post pinned to the top of the page about their phone and computer problems, and there are hundreds of complaints in the comment section of that post! 

• Sorry, the link didn't work. But you can Google it. It's pretty bad. 

Julieanne Cook said:

This from the Better Business Bureau. Interesting.

https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/mail-order-and-catalog...

• This from the Better Business Bureau. Interesting.

https://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/mail-order-and-catalog...

• The mystery continues ...

• Well, out of nowhere my order showed up today, after a more than 2 week wait.  Never got an email confirmation or shipping information.  And to top it off, they enclosed a most unwelcome religious tract in my package. They certainly won't be getting anymore of my business. 

• Thank you Patty, that's a great idea! 

• I purchased filters on Amazon once, so I know they have them. Can't remember the price or shipping cost. Do remember that for some reason, most likely cost effectiveness, I purchased large filters and cut them in four to use in my small strainer.

Julieanne Cook said:

Well, no email from them today and the number still isn't working. I think you're right, Julia, they're out of business. That message on their webpage about their phone system being out of order is nonsense. When you don't pay the bill it gets disconnected, which is very different from "out of order". 

*Sigh* I'm really starting to think that customer service is a relic of the past. Between this and the nightmare I experienced with Dansha Farms, I really don't know who to trust to get my supplies from.  I know Caprine Supply has the milk filters I need but they charge almost as much for shipping as they do for the filters. I think I'm going to have to sweet talk our local Mom and Pop farm store to see if they will stock them for me. In the meantime, I guess I'll use coffee filters though they don't work nearly as well. 

• I didn't know about it being a third generation business. It is pretty sad that they couldn't maintain it. With so many people raising goats now, it could have been quite successful. 

Deborah Niemann-Boehle said:

That is so sad. When Anne was running it, they had the best customer service around! I know she was quite old but still working until about the time their customer service went downhill. I don't know if she died or just had to retire. It's weird how that adage seems to be right about the third generation in a family business is the one that kills it. It was started by her parents.
This reply was deleted.