Possible preterm delivery

Taking my 2 year old doe to the vet today and hoping for good news. She is gest day 132 and just passed a large blood clot, is pawing the ground and has a sersanguinous discharge. Sigh! If we were at day 145, I would be jumping for joy! She is a second time freshener (single for delivery last March) and is HUGE this time. Has anyone ran into this before?

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations! I'm so glad she held out to 144!

• So, sorry for the delay in responding..goat babies and grandbabies all delivered in the past 2 weeks.
    Our doe held off delivering until day 144...still dropping clots for 5 days beforehand. Looooonnnng labor and 2 hours of hard pushing (vet on the way) ended up with a breech doe delivery followed by two more babies! Singletons last year and triplets this year!. Babies doing well and keeping everyone entertained.
    It is a strange year doe kidding here...our other doe was due the same day and chose to deliver twins 4 days early. So strange!
    :-) Robin
  • We used to have a lot of preterm kids before we discovered we had a problem with copper deficiency. The youngest we ever had survive were born at day 135. Let us know what happens.

This reply was deleted.