Replies

• Thanks guys! Yeah I know she wasn’t really off I just teased her about being late for her. Yeah I always keep an eye on their weight to make sure they’re growing. I pulled one of the kids because it’s tiny and needs some extra help but this mom consistently has multiples and easily fed triplets as a first freshener. She peaks just shy of 5# a day with kids on her usually so I’m confident that as a 3f she can handle the other three. 

• I'm so glad that things are turning around for you Maggie! Congrats on the quads! Be sure to keep an eye on how much they are gaining. NDs should gain about 4 oz per day. I've had them start out just a little short on that number but then catch up in a few days =)

• Congratulations! Day 146 is right on time!!! Anything between 145 and 150 is perfectly normal. 

Maggie said:

Update on my doe who had kidded early both times before, as predicted this year she went late haha. Day 146 with quads! Goats always keep me guessing!

• Update on my doe who had kidded early both times before, as predicted this year she went late haha. Day 146 with quads! Goats always keep me guessing!

• Congrats on your new kid!! Glad all went well!

• The above pictured doe kidded today at day 141 to a healthy big single buck kid. Both are doing great! The necropsy mineral results for my doe that died are on the Copper? Zinc? Selenium? Thread. 

• So sorry to hear your doe died. But like you said, hopefully her necropsy can help the others. Nothing can replace lab work. Let us know what you learn!

• Only on one. The doe Ive had the most problems with who is also the one who kidded early did have lice. Unfortunately she died last night and is at the lab for a necropsy now. Hopefully she can help everyone else with any info she provides. 

• Oh yes! Better angle. I see they got their promised new hair do. I bet it feels good. Did you find any creepy crawlies under there? 

• Thanks guys. As I said normally I would t bat an eye at this but I’m starting to question everything I know. And yes it’s the angle in that picture. She’s not huge, she’s a FF and her ultrasound showed probably just one kid but she looks pregnant. No other signs of labor so I’m just watching and waiting. And yes if anything else happens I’ll again schedule a necropsy.  8733702683?profile=RESIZE_710x8733703681?profile=RESIZE_710x

This reply was deleted.