Replies

• Kristi Stone said:

Not sure what is typically charged, but I can tell you that I was quoted $75-100. The buck's owner did not charge me until I knew for sure that Willow was pregnant, and she allowed me to bring her as many times as was needed (3 times). Actually, the first doe we tried was tried all 3x, but wasn't having it, so we bred Willow, who was there and ready to go. Had she not been, we might have been able to squeeze another heat cycle in.

There were no boarding fee, though Naomi and Willow did spend the night a couple nights. I should mention that these were friends of friends, so that probably made the difference.

I ended up paying her $100 + and a $25 restaurant gift card for their generosity.

That sounds very generous on both sides.
  • So far this is what I've done also. I have only let my buck service 2 which were born here and went to a 4H home with no other goats. They stayed with my buck for a month. But I have been asked by another if I would let them breed their does for the first time. They were not born here though so I am a little skeptical. Sounds like I should be concerned?
  • I usually charge $50 for a driveway breeding, but I only breed does that were born on my farm and have never been bred by another buck. They can bring back the doe for another breeding if she didn't settle.

• Not sure what is typically charged, but I can tell you that I was quoted $75-100. The buck's owner did not charge me until I knew for sure that Willow was pregnant, and she allowed me to bring her as many times as was needed (3 times). Actually, the first doe we tried was tried all 3x, but wasn't having it, so we bred Willow, who was there and ready to go. Had she not been, we might have been able to squeeze another heat cycle in.

There were no boarding fee, though Naomi and Willow did spend the night a couple nights. I should mention that these were friends of friends, so that probably made the difference.

I ended up paying her $100 + and a $25 restaurant gift card for their generosity.

This reply was deleted.