Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

I was wondering if there was a way i could get a better chance of my doe having does than bucks, I heard you could breed you doe at their early stage of their heat. Does this work the majority of the time, or is their a better alternative? 

Thanks, 

Sophia

Views: 422

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my health classes - we had a guest speaker with crohn's disease that cured himself by keeping an eye on his ph.

He commented that drinking lemon water helped to change the bodies ph - along with food of course. There was something about the acid in lemon that adjusted ph. Now I'm confused, do we want acidic bodies or alkaline? I do know neutral is what we want for our own bodies. :/ lol

I realized I never reported back on my results with the pep-talk-and-a-treat method. To review, I put my doe Ora on the stand every morning during her pregnancy, and said, "now, Ora, I want you to have two kids, both healthy, about two pounds each, easy kidding, both girls, OK?" and I would then give her a couple of raisins. She wolfed the raisins down, so I figured we had a deal. Results were mixed. She did have two kids, both healthy and a very quick labor and delivery (I can't say whether it was easy since I was the one holding the towels and she was the one doing all the yelling). BUT - one kid was 4 lbs and the other was 3 lbs. And they were both bucklings! 

Thanks for sharing! This reminds me of someone saying that they got a book on how to sex chicks, and after studying it, they sexed their chicks, and they were right on about 50% of them! :)

Diane Kennedy said:

I realized I never reported back on my results with the pep-talk-and-a-treat method. To review, I put my doe Ora on the stand every morning during her pregnancy, and said, "now, Ora, I want you to have two kids, both healthy, about two pounds each, easy kidding, both girls, OK?" and I would then give her a couple of raisins. She wolfed the raisins down, so I figured we had a deal. Results were mixed. She did have two kids, both healthy and a very quick labor and delivery (I can't say whether it was easy since I was the one holding the towels and she was the one doing all the yelling). BUT - one kid was 4 lbs and the other was 3 lbs. And they were both bucklings! 

Diane, it was the raisins. :/

Diane Kennedy said:

Right! Maybe I should try Doritos next year!

Melissa Johnson said:

Diane, it was the raisins. :/

Diane Kennedy said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Books written by Deborah Niemann

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2021   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service