Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Kidding (428)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Signs of labor?

Indiana is due 1/29 Isabel is due 1/31. I can feel the ligaments at the tail head on Isabel but not Indiana...Her udder hasn't fully come i…

Started by Adrienne

1 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Bare minimum must have list

My first kidding season is fast approaching. I am anticipating 5. I have been gathering necessities here and there as we need them, however…

Started by Adrienne

16 Jan 3, 2011

Change in Behavior

My usually docile older goat  has had an abrupt change in behavior.  She is pushy, boosy and a chow hound.  I think we have a close kidding…

Started by Jan

7 Dec 14, 2010
Reply by Jan

Barn Cats and Nigerian Dwarf Kids

Hi! Do you know if anybody has had problems with barn cats after kids are born? We have four and I have been sleeping in the barn for 3 d…

Started by Tammy

5 Oct 15, 2010

My first goat birth

I promised to share my experiences with my first kidding, so I decided to start a mini-blog beginning with the first signs of labor.   Trau…

Started by Danielle Besley

11 Oct 5, 2010
Reply by Danielle Besley

Bottle babies

I am just curious.  How much milk would you feed a bottle baby?  And at what intervals?  I am just curious after watching a video on this s…

Started by Melissa Johnson

1 Oct 5, 2010

Your first goat birth!

I just posted a pictorial of Sherri's birth on the Antiquity Oaks Facebook page, and someone said that it would have been nice to see pictu…

Started by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

17 Oct 3, 2010
Reply by Jane Wagman

Not Pregnant?

At the end of April, we brought a buck in who spent about a week and a half with my girls. The older doe didn't seem to come back into heat…

Started by Heidi Sloan

1 Oct 1, 2010

traveling and expecting

Ok, as it stands right now we are expecting kids the 29th and 31st of January. We normally go out of town for a week at Christmas to Dallas…

Started by Adrienne

2 Sep 13, 2010
Reply by Adrienne

Kidding

Is it possible for a breed doe to give birth before 5 months? It seems to me that we have 3 out of 4 does pregnant.  Two are not being milk…

Started by Tammy

1 Aug 13, 2010

RSS

Books written by Deborah Niemann

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2021   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service