Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Kidding (428)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sad day

Iris delivered 5 doelings this morning but only one was born alive and she didn't make it. I had to go in after the last one. Iris seems to…

Started by Jan

7 Mar 12, 2011
Reply by Will White

Okay...now what????

I had a thread about my doe with a large prolapse. When I went out today to tend it I was surprised to find it had mostly receded back insi…

Started by Jan

2 Mar 8, 2011
Reply by Jan

I need kidding help now please.

My goat kidded around 7 am this morning.  She appears to still be in labor and every 20-30 min or so gives a couple of pushes.  She is layi…

Started by Anna Cummings

9 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Our first c-section

After nine years and more than 100 does kidding, we had our first c-section a couple of days ago. I wrote about the process on my blog: htt…

Started by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

4 Feb 27, 2011
Reply by Tammy Lee Birrer

Emergency kidding help contacts?

Recently someone posted trouble with kidding, and were not able to get in contact with their vet. I do not know the outcome if the situatio…

Started by Adrienne

1 Feb 24, 2011
Reply by Rachel Whetzel at MigMog Acres

FF kidded 3 weeks early, 2 stillborn kids

Our smallest FF kidded in the night with a 2# doe and when I got out in the morning had a @ 1/2 buck hanging out of her back end. I helped…

Started by Jan

10 Feb 24, 2011
Reply by Jan

questions

I had triplets born on sat. The smallest one had a few rough days and is now in the house doing well. He had white on his umbilical cord, I…

Started by Cindy Emanuel

4 Feb 22, 2011
Reply by Cindy Emanuel

Not A Perfect Birth

I made mistakes with a kidding yesterday and thought I'd post so that others may learn from them. This was the first kidding of the year, b…

Started by Marin Waddell

14 Feb 22, 2011
Reply by Anna Cummings

What temp is too cold for kidding

Okay, so I am a native of AZ and now live in Illinois. This winter is brutal. It was -27 here this morning and I have does due to kid. I bu…

Started by Annie Alecock

6 Feb 12, 2011
Reply by Annie Alecock

Cold Weather Kidding

The weather around here has warmed up considerably from what it was a few days ago, but it's still below freezing and will probably continu…

Started by Marin Waddell

11 Jan 28, 2011
Reply by Melissa Johnson

RSS

Books written by Deborah Niemann

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2021   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service