Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Kidding (426)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Goats Giving Birth -- my sixth book

I just wanted to let everyone know that my sixth book, Goats Giving Birth, is now available. And I also have a new online store where you c…

Started by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

1 Jun 15, 2020
Reply by Lil

Singleton Nursing...

I have a buckling who is a week old. We lost his sister (that's another post) so he is alone. We had a rough start with momma (FF) not want…

Started by Leslie Honcoop

2 Apr 28, 2020
Reply by Leslie Honcoop

Our First Kid!!!

We had our first kid born last night!  He was a singleton buck and is the cutest little guy we've ever see.  The delivery went well and was…

Started by Melissa

8 Apr 27, 2020
Reply by Melissa

Preparing for bottle babies

I want to be prepared in case we end up having bottle babies when our does kid in late April.  I've read that the kids (should) get colostr…

Started by Melissa

4 Mar 29, 2020
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Quintuplets - Yikes! How long do I have until they need supplemental milk?

Hello! Today my 4 year old doe kidded quintuplets - all 5 seem healthy. I read the article that Deborah wrote about a mother not being able…

Started by Madeline Novak

4 Mar 16, 2020

How much milk to keep on hand

I have a doe who has a single (twin died during birth). I have been milking her from day 1 and froze the colostrum for emergencies. I am wo…

Started by Mary Cox

1 Jan 30, 2020

Udder Development

What is the latest that anyone has seen an udder start to develop on a first freshener?

Started by Maggie

3 Dec 7, 2019

Ear - Goo on Week Old Kid

Hello All! I have silently been reading for years, ya'll are so helpful - I was wondering if you have any advise for me.  One of our does h…

Started by Madeline Novak

4 Jun 11, 2019
Reply by Madeline Novak

Feeding/bonding issue

I have a doe that kidded 2 days ago with 2 large does.  Sadly one died.  Mama is super attentive to her remaining kid, over attentive, cons…

Started by Judy H

3 May 2, 2019

teach to take the bottle?

My doe had quads last night- all doelings! Two of them are weaker than the others, and I think it might be best to pull them and put them o…

Started by Margot Gray

3 Sep 12, 2018

RSS

Books written by Deborah Niemann

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2021   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service