Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Home Dairy (343)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cajeta = Heavenly!

Oh my goodness, I made a batch of cajeta (goat milk caramel sauce) today and it is amazing! It's so complex, creamy and not overly sweet. I…

Started by Julieanne Cook

3 Nov 29, 2016
Reply by Naomi D'Andrea

Overachieving left side

Hey all- in the past few weeks, my doe's left side of her udder has started producing almost three times the amount of her right side.  Ove…

Started by Kali Sink

5 Nov 26, 2016
Reply by Naomi D'Andrea

I did it! I milked her!

I've posted before about my older doe, Daphne, being my "problem child". I'm her third owner and so she has serious trust issues. She's com…

3 Oct 17, 2016
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Picky Eater on the Milkstand

Hello!  We recently re-homed our two kid wethers after three months of nursing.  In the few days since, our doe has decided she does NOT li…

Started by Kali Sink

9 Sep 12, 2016
Reply by Kali Sink

Kitchen Inspiration

Hello all! I'm looking for some ideas and inspiration on things to do with goats' milk.  This is my first summer with a milker and aside f…

Started by Kali Sink

5 Sep 6, 2016
Reply by Naomi D'Andrea

Question about ND butterfat % and soapmaking

I'm planning to start making some soap with milk from my Juniper. To get a general idea of what the butterfat percentage of her milk is, I…

3 Aug 9, 2016

Milking once a day..

HI everyone, Needing some advice with a First Freshner. I have sisters who kidded first time this year, both gave me twins which was lovely…

Started by Sally Knight

4 Aug 5, 2016

Dansha farms milker - what a joke!

Has anyone else had experience with Dansha Farms? I ordered a manual milker from them and the pump on it broke on the first use. It just sn…

11 Jul 19, 2016
Reply by Winding River Farm (Bev)

Goats got into feed!

Went out to the barn to milk this evening and discovered many of them had gotten into the feed room!  Not sure how they got in (probably le…

Started by Judy Metcalf

1 Jul 18, 2016

Milk Production - Nursing Doe

Hello!  I have a question on expectations for a nursing doe.  This is our first round with attempting to milk and both the doe and I are am…

Started by Kali Sink

1 Jul 7, 2016

RSS

Books written by Deborah Niemann

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2021   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service