Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Goats 101 (906)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Moveable Pens and Permanent Pens

Hi again,   If I am going to use the moveable pens for daytime foraging for 4 ND's wethers when the weather is good, do you have recommenda…

Started by Ann Bodling

2 Feb 25
Reply by Ann Bodling

Cattle panels and kids

Can someone give me an idea of at what age kids are no longer likely to fit through the cattle panel openings? I'll have 4 wethers coming i…

Started by Ann Bodling

2 Feb 25
Reply by Ann Bodling

Introduction and 2 Questions

Hello All,    We live in the Harrisburg area of Pennsylvania on almost 2 acres with an old barn and wood sided garage. After years of takin…

Started by Ann Bodling

4 Feb 20
Reply by Ann Bodling

First Goat Purchase Advice

I will be purchasing my first 2 or 3 goats this Spring and would like to hear any advice you have to give on what questions I should ask, w…

Started by Kiley Tomjack

2 Dec 22, 2020
Reply by kenneth spear

How much meat from a Nigerian Wether?

If I'm not going to milk a doe and decide to just let her nurse her kids... let say she has 2 males. I think they get slaughtered at 6 mont…

Started by tony okrongly

1 Dec 5, 2020
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

What do you do with goats during a tornado?

Whereas I am moving to AL soon, and I'll be buying goats there eventually, I've started to wonder what people do with them during tornado's…

Started by Lil

2 Oct 9, 2020
Reply by Lil

Mesh Hay Feeder

Does anyone have experience using a mesh hay feeder for their goats?I'd appreciate feedback on waste reduction, size of holes in feeder, an…

Started by Naomi D'Andrea

6 Aug 21, 2020

LGD questions.

I've been thinking a lot about getting a livestock guardian dog, and I'd really like to. I currently have just two doelings that live in a…

Started by Lil

6 Aug 21, 2020
Reply by Winding River Farm (Bev)

We only want to keep 2 or 3 goats . .

My husband and I live on an acreage and are going to be starting our first NDG verture. I have done a lot of reading up on them and am lear…

Started by Kiley Tomjack

7 Jul 23, 2020

Milk Production Expectations

I am looking into purchasing a ND doe and I am primarily interested in milk production capabilities and this would be the foundational doe…

Started by Theresa B

65 Jul 21, 2020
Reply by Glenna Rose

RSS

Books written by Deborah Niemann

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2021   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service