Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Goats 101 (904)

Featured Discussions

Milk Production Expectations

I am looking into purchasing a ND doe and I am primarily interested in milk production capabilities and this would be the foundational doe…

Started by Theresa BLatest Reply

My Goat Kit

First of all, let me say. I don't like surprises. So I've been reading and learning and talking and learning and learning and learning abou…

Started by Rachel Whetzel at MigMog AcresLatest Reply

Movable Pens

Recently I've been asked a LOT about my movable pens, so I thought I'd start a discussion forum about this and help explain better, that wa…

Started by Elyse NicholsonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Possible parasite?

I am new to raising goats and have 3 kids ranging from 10-14 weeks. I usually refill the hay trough about 3 times per day. I have noticed t…

Started by Jonathan Pearce

5 Apr 17
Reply by Tammy Gallagher

Kids and Minerals

Hi all,   At what age do most kids normally begin licking from the free choice mineral feeders?  Mine 4 wethers are about 10 weeks old and…

Started by Ann Bodling

8 Apr 16
Reply by Leslie Carion

Feeding 12 week old wethers

Hi Friends,   A feeding question...the 4 wethers came last week and took to the hay and the medicated feed well. I am feeding Kalmbach medi…

Started by Ann Bodling

6 Apr 9
Reply by Tammy Gallagher

Feeding does

Both our girls had twins, and r doing great. But, wanted to make sure, we r feeding them enough. They r getting Purina goat chow, alfalfa p…

Started by kenneth spear

6 Mar 30
Reply by Tammy Gallagher

Dry Lot Question

Hi everyone,   Could someone please explain exactly what  dry lot is?  I've read about them over and over but still haven't seen what that…

Started by Ann Bodling

3 Mar 28
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Purebred Nigerian or cross?

I know it can be difficult to tell from pictures. I've tried attaching files below, so I hope they go through. Does this goat look like a p…

Started by Dacia

9 Mar 21
Reply by Tammy Gallagher

clean pasture

Hello, Our goats have a fully enclosed 12 x 16 paddock for sleeping and moving about when the weather is not so great and raining.  When i…

Started by david curtis

2 Mar 11
Reply by david curtis

Goat Bedding anyone used hemp

We are getting our first goats in a week and I've been reading alot about different bedding.  The seller uses pine shavings for all of thei…

Started by david curtis

5 Mar 8
Reply by david curtis

Moveable Pens and Permanent Pens

Hi again,   If I am going to use the moveable pens for daytime foraging for 4 ND's wethers when the weather is good, do you have recommenda…

Started by Ann Bodling

2 Feb 25
Reply by Ann Bodling

Cattle panels and kids

Can someone give me an idea of at what age kids are no longer likely to fit through the cattle panel openings? I'll have 4 wethers coming i…

Started by Ann Bodling

2 Feb 25
Reply by Ann Bodling

RSS

Books written by Deborah Niemann

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2021   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service