Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Breeding (378)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

First Heat

How early can a doe come into heat? I have previously heard that the earliest is around 8 weeks but has anyone heard of it occurring sooner…

Started by Maggie

1 Jul 2, 2019
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Nigerian dwarf goat or pygmy goat

Hi all i have this goat and I'm not sure if she is a Nigerian dwarf goat or a pygmy goat. Can some one help me and teach me how to recognis…

Started by Daniel

5 Mar 13, 2019
Reply by Daniel

Which doe to choose?

As some of you know, I lost a prize doe in January due to bloat from something she was fed through the fence; the vet could not determine e…

Started by Glenna Rose

1 Mar 12, 2019

Heat or possible pregnancy sign

I had my Doe with a buck last time She came into heat and I saw her being bred twice during her cycle with him. She would normally be due t…

Started by Maggie

1 Feb 15, 2019

Bred to a much bigger goat?

EEEEK!! My big Nubian got out and was trying to breed the two little Nigerian dwarf does I recently adopted. What to do if they become preg…

Started by Linda Klein

6 Jul 25, 2018
Reply by Linda Klein

companion goat

Hi! I had someone inquire about some bucklings I have for sale.  She is looking for a non registered goat as a companion priced under 200.0…

Started by Rose Stuart

0 Jul 8, 2018

Breeding polled to polled

I had posted an ad locally looking for does. ( Long story but mine were poisoned by a neighbor last year. Lost 8 in 1 day) The bucks surviv…

Started by Faith Foster

4 Apr 10, 2018

Young buck

My doe just came into heat again and I moved her in with my buck. She is a first freshener but she is very flirty and seems very clear on w…

Started by Maggie

5 Apr 3, 2018

Size differences

How much of a size discrepancy between buck and Doe is considered too much to breed? For example if I have a 23in buck around 40lbs and a 1…

Started by Maggie

6 Mar 11, 2018

Dilemma regarding Cryptorchid

Okay, folks, I have a buckling that was to be wethered Thursday when other goat work was done.  However, his testicles are undescended.  My…

Started by Glenna Rose

6 Mar 1, 2018

RSS

Books written by Deborah Niemann

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2021   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service