Replies

• Okay, I knew you shouldn't keep them in a barn. So basically leave them loose in their pasture.

Deborah Niemann-Boehle said:

I live in Illinois where we've had two tornados come close enough that we could hear them, and we could see one of them. Several have touched down and caused a ton of damage in towns and on farms within 15 minutes of us. Unless you want to take them into your basement, there isn't much else you can do. 

About ten years ago I sold a doe and a wether to a family whose farm was hit by a tornado. Their house, barn, and everything was destroyed. The goats were found a mile or two away looking fine. The funny part is that the people were staying in a hotel and when they went back to the house, someone had put the goats in their basement, which was the only place to put them since all of the buildings above ground were destroyed. 

• I live in Illinois where we've had two tornados come close enough that we could hear them, and we could see one of them. Several have touched down and caused a ton of damage in towns and on farms within 15 minutes of us. Unless you want to take them into your basement, there isn't much else you can do. 

About ten years ago I sold a doe and a wether to a family whose farm was hit by a tornado. Their house, barn, and everything was destroyed. The goats were found a mile or two away looking fine. The funny part is that the people were staying in a hotel and when they went back to the house, someone had put the goats in their basement, which was the only place to put them since all of the buildings above ground were destroyed. 

This reply was deleted.