Water set up for two goats?

One of the things we really have to nail down in the next couple weeks is water for our goats. Problem is, no one has been able to tell me even a ballpark on what to expect in terms of water consumption. Would it be similar to how much a similar sized dog would drink in similar conditions? I have 2 14qt buckets I could use for them right now. Would that be enough for 2 full grown nigerian dwarfs in summer? Or should I come up with another solution?

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Plan was to put one in the shelter and one outside, see how that goes. If it makes too much mess in the shelter we might adjust our plans.

Naomi D'Andrea said:

We give our two grown Nigerians a gallon pail every morning, and a new gallon every evening. There's always a little leftover, even in summer (though their summer diet is higher in liquid than their winter diet). We keep the pail in the shade.

• We give our two grown Nigerians a gallon pail every morning, and a new gallon every evening. There's always a little leftover, even in summer (though their summer diet is higher in liquid than their winter diet). We keep the pail in the shade.

• That will be fine. 

This reply was deleted.