Replies

• Glenna - thanks a ton for your review, I appreciate it!  We will most likely go with the Simple Pulse as it looks like the best option for now although it looks like our purchase will be delayed until next Spring.  Maybe by then they will have made some improvements on the oil exhaust issue.

• The Simple Pulse is excellent, without question.  It really is as easy as it looks at their website.  I love how easy it is to clean!  There is an oil issue, at least when I used it last year but I understand they are working on this.  One person said he added an extension to it which helped.  I tried that and it did cut down considerably in the output of oil.  I had mine inside a cabinet with air circulation so it wasn't going out into the room. You do need to have extra oil; I bought my oil at an auto parts store that rents that same pump so was able to get the right oil locally.  I'm not using it right now because I am hand milking; with only two milking once a day, it is easier for me.

One of the best things about it is they use the machine for their own goats and are constantly looking for ways to make it even better.  They are great folks and offer superb support.

I have the Segal milker and really liked it but was concerned about the constant vacuum on the teats.  Eventually, I will likely sell it but am having issues with that considering why I stopped using it.  The Simple Pulse is a great milking machine and is a bargain at the price.  For me, the only drawback is the pump - my does and I like the quiet.  In most barns which are busy with other animals and noise, it would not even be noticed.   Depending on your setup, the motor could be behind a wall (in another room) which is likely what I shall do when I start using it again.  When I went to their farm to see/buy it, I didn't even notice the sound of the pump because of all the activity.  I have several friends who have the Simple Pulse; I highly recommend it and customer support is great!  The desire to always improve it says a lot about them; they really do pay attention to details.  Best, they listen!

• Julia, thanks for bringing the Simple Pulse milker to my attention, I had not see it before.  It looks like a nice system.  The reviews are all great, except there is one concern that a few people raised.  Apparently it can spray out oil which is pretty unpleasant when milking in an enclosed room. Does anyone have any more info on this?  I am wondering how bad it is, and how universal the problem is.

• People seem to like the Simple Pulse and it's more affordable. https://simplepulse.com/product-category/milking-systems/goats-sheep/

• Does anyone have an opinion on this milking machine, or have heard of  Affordable Milkers LLC?

https://www.affordablemilkers.com/products/complete-mini-milking-ma...

Since Hoeggers and Siegle are no longer options, and the Henry Milker was only so-so for me I am looking for other options and not finding that many.

• Thank you Glenna for your help. I also emailed them and got the same response. We ordered parts and an extra O ring and hope they continue to service this wonderful machine.

• Glenna Rose said:

This is the response I received from Dan Zurcher  (danzurcher@netptc.net)  who manufactured them:

Hi Glenna

We are no longer manufacturing the milker; however, we will still support the milker base here in the states and will supply parts into the foreseeable future.  You can email me at this address with a parts request.

Dan

• This is the response I received from Dan Zurcher  (danzurcher@netptc.net)  who manufactured them:

Hi Glenna

We are no longer manufacturing the milker; however, we will still support the milker base here in the states and will supply parts into the foreseeable future.  You can email me at this address with a parts request.

Dan

• I use a modified Henry Milker using small teat inflations INSIDE the syringes. Here is a video of my system. Farther into the video you can see how I modified it:
    https://youtu.be/3B-3ZkGxttI

• I contacted the people who recommended the Segel.  This is his response:

No, I found, not the guy, but the family, online through their listing on
    Amazon or Ebay originally.
    I also get the 404 error msg for the url of their old website.
    You might try: http://hambydairysupply.com/xcart/home.php?cat=247

That site looks like it has about everything we might need.  I did email Dan Zurcher but have not received a response.

This reply was deleted.