Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Hi group,
I have a goat over due. She was exposed only once, and the day was written down. She is on day 153, and showing no signs of impending labor. She is a ff, pregnancy confirmed by byopryn just a month and a half ago because although I never saw her go back into heat, she didn't look pregnant to me.
I can feel definite kicks. Her udder is full, and she is looking round, but not huge. She is eating, drinking, and using the bathroom fine. She acts fine, but I'm starting to wonder how long before I should be concerned? On some of the FB groups, I've read some goats going REALLY REALLY late.
I'm just a nervous goat mom I guess.

Thanks for any advice!

Views: 899

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We will be monitoring her and babies progress for a while to make sure they both do well.

Deborah Niemann-Boehle said:
Congratulations!!! Glad it all went well. Hope she can produce enough for three. It's a good idea to weigh the kids if you have a scale that can do ounces. That way you'll know if someone isn't gaining as much as the others.

Yay! So glad it went well, especially after all the waiting she put you through. The babies are darling. It's awesome that you got THREE doelings! Seems like the trend is towards doelings this year, last year it was bucklings. Hope it keeps up! *Looking meaningfully at my pregnant doe*

Thank you.
I'm 99% sure of the day she was bred. I'm also grateful to you and Debra for the reassurance to stick it out.
I had one other doe go to day 156. I am positive of her bred date too.
I'm hoping for does for your girl ;-)

Julieanne Cook said:

Yay! So glad it went well, especially after all the waiting she put you through. The babies are darling. It's awesome that you got THREE doelings! Seems like the trend is towards doelings this year, last year it was bucklings. Hope it keeps up! *Looking meaningfully at my pregnant doe*

Babies have all nursed, and have round full bellies. They have all been peeing and pooping. I've been watching them for a few hours now.
Thank you for your encouragement not to call the vet. Obviously the end results were great, and no intervention was needed.
Her body knew what it was doing.

Phebe said:
We will be monitoring her and babies progress for a while to make sure they both do well.

Deborah Niemann-Boehle said:
Congratulations!!! Glad it all went well. Hope she can produce enough for three. It's a good idea to weigh the kids if you have a scale that can do ounces. That way you'll know if someone isn't gaining as much as the others.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Books written by Deborah Niemann

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2021   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service