New Member Intro

Thank you all for allowing me to join the group.  My wife and I will be adding three Nigerian Dwarfs this spring to our family.  We currently have a miniature horse, full grown goat, Nigerian Dwarf (male), goose, duck, six guineas, six outdoor cats, and four dogs.

We have not decided on a name for the farm, at least that I am aware of.  

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Tammy.  The lady I am getting the spring goats from pointed me in her direction.  Lots of information :)

Tammy Gallagher said:

Are you familiar with Deborah’s website? There are sooooo many articles and podcasts about goats, and a host of other things too! Here is a link to all things goats :) 

https://thriftyhomesteader.com/a-beginners-guide-to-goats/

Tammy

• Are you familiar with Deborah’s website? There are sooooo many articles and podcasts about goats, and a host of other things too! Here is a link to all things goats :) 

https://thriftyhomesteader.com/a-beginners-guide-to-goats/

Tammy

• I only have the one Nigerian so far.  Reservations for 2 females and a male this spring.  Not sure what the bigger goat is as he was a rescue.  

They will be in separate pens/shelters until we are ready for breeding.   I have a couple of acres fenced in, small creek and pond (no more than 10 inches deep) enclosed, so waiting for the weather to cooperate to add some additional shelters/fencing.

Deborah Niemann-Boehle said:

Welcome to the group! Feel free to ask any questions that come up as you plan for your new goats. You will definitely need to keep the boys and girls separated to avoid unplanned breedings. Do you only have one goat so far? 

• Thank you very much Tammy

Tammy Gallagher said:

Welcome to the group Darin!!!

• Welcome to the group! Feel free to ask any questions that come up as you plan for your new goats. You will definitely need to keep the boys and girls separated to avoid unplanned breedings. Do you only have one goat so far? 

• Welcome to the group Darin!!!

This reply was deleted.