Replies

• Great news! 

Jennifer Simons said:

Thank you so much for your reply, Deborah! We took her to the vet yesterday. It's an abrasion and it's not infected. The swelling is down. We were told to treat it only with Neosporin and no antibiotic was needed. It looked pretty scary and I was afraid we were going to be dealing with ocular cancer or something dreadful. We got a nice happy ending, instead! Thanks again! 

• Thank you so much for your reply, Deborah! We took her to the vet yesterday. It's an abrasion and it's not infected. The swelling is down. We were told to treat it only with Neosporin and no antibiotic was needed. It looked pretty scary and I was afraid we were going to be dealing with ocular cancer or something dreadful. We got a nice happy ending, instead! Thanks again! 

• Sorry for the delay. There's not much you can do at home for something like that. Since it is swelling, sounds like it might be infected, but you would need an antibiotic to put in the eye, which is by prescription from a vet. 

• Her eye is worse today - almost swollen shut and dripping. She is scratching it with her hoof and rubbing against objects. I will call the vet thing first thing in the AM tomorrow (Monday) when they open. If anyone has ideas of how to bring her relief or protect the eye until tomorrow, I would appreciate your wisdom. Thank you! 

IMG_3153.JPG

76FFB974-7B2D-4CFD-9F92-15BBA6638C3F_1_201_a.jpeg

This reply was deleted.