Kidding question: Day 145 and no udder

I have a 2nd freshener who is at day 145 and has absolutely no udder. Should I be concerned? She has no signs of "getting close." She has no swollen back end, no soft ligaments, she isn't even big... My other doe, a ff is at day 141 and has a huge udder, no ligaments, and is HUGE! I'm checking on her every hour to 2 hours because I know she will go very soon, and below zero temps tonight. Any ideas? Is my doe on day 145 sounding normal to more seasoned goat keepers? Is my other doe going too early? Thanks for any advise!

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Julia @Woody Glen Farm said:

Still not much development to speak of. It hasn't been 24 hours yet since they were born. Hoping that with sleeping some tonight after a nice meal and lots of warm water, we'll wake up to a reasonable udder! Fingers crossed!

I have my fingers crossed for you!
    Hoping your doe's udder is overflowing with milk in the morning.
  • Still not much development to speak of. It hasn't been 24 hours yet since they were born. Hoping that with sleeping some tonight after a nice meal and lots of warm water, we'll wake up to a reasonable udder! Fingers crossed!

• Julia,
    Any udder development now?

• Julia @Woody Glen Farm said:

WOW! That's an incredible story! One of my FFs freshened last night with twins and has almost no udder and the babies are sucking her dry constantly. This gives me hope that it will come in today and they'll be fine.

Congratulations, Julia!
    My doe is a second freshener. She was in milk when I purchased her end of summer last year. She was a FINE milker with a beautiful udder! Last night the babies nursed, but were having trouble finding the milk. I hand milked her and bottle fed the twins. Today her udder is pretty much gone... But her babies are happy and peeing. I'm assuming they are nursing her dry. I will be keeping a close eye on them today!
  • WOW! That's an incredible story! One of my FFs freshened last night with twins and has almost no udder and the babies are sucking her dry constantly. This gives me hope that it will come in today and they'll be fine.

• What a little stinker she is - pregnant the whole time! LOL! Congratulations and I'm glad it all came out so well. They're darling babies. 

• Sorry, here they are

image.jpg

• Here are the twin bucks

• Patty Meyer said:

Wow!  That's quite a story.  Congratulations on the new babies.  The way that whole thing played out is a new one on me.  I've sure never seen anything like that before.  Thanks for sharing this with all of us. :)

This seams to be the story of my life, lol. Things don't often go "as usual" for me ;-/

The attached picture was taken of her just last week!

image.jpg

• Wow!  That's quite a story.  Congratulations on the new babies.  The way that whole thing played out is a new one on me.  I've sure never seen anything like that before.  Thanks for sharing this with all of us. :)

This reply was deleted.