Houston, WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!

I have been waiting and waiting and WAITING to be able to come here and CONFIDENTLY say...

GINGER IS PREGNANT!!!

:::dancing in my boots:::

Her sides definitely looked big to me... but she has looked large before, so I didn't want to jinx it by saying AGAIN, that I thought she might be preggo.

HOWEVER.

The last week or so, her udder has started to bag up!! YAY!!

And now, because no post on the NDDG ning group is complete without one...

I present you a photo of goat boobies. She's due to kid on the 26th of next month!!

Cross your fingers for a baby girl in there!!

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks, Ken! Congrats to you as well!! I can't wait to hold babies!!

Ken Olsen said:

Congrats Rachel!! The waiting period for figuring out if a breeding "took" is horribly long!! LOL.. One of our does went through the standing heat, paired her up with a fine buck and nothin' happened!! MAN! She showed ALL the signs of being settled too.. So we're trying for a Fall baby with that doe..

My Pumpkin gave birth though!! She had triplets.. All does.. but the runt died after a couple of days.. it was sooo tiny!! I was a nervous wreck during the birth.. watching, moving kids before mamma had another contraction and fell onto her knees, AND I had to help the second kid pass.. Came out half way and stopped.. It didn't look comfortable.. The kids, Buttercup and Cocoa, are doing GREAT and Pumpkin gives a LOT of milk.. She's a mixed breed (1/2 Dwarf Nigerian, 1/2 Nubian.. I think)..

Anywhoo, congratulations and easy birthing to you and Ginger!!

• Congrats Rachel!! The waiting period for figuring out if a breeding "took" is horribly long!! LOL.. One of our does went through the standing heat, paired her up with a fine buck and nothin' happened!! MAN! She showed ALL the signs of being settled too.. So we're trying for a Fall baby with that doe..

My Pumpkin gave birth though!! She had triplets.. All does.. but the runt died after a couple of days.. it was sooo tiny!! I was a nervous wreck during the birth.. watching, moving kids before mamma had another contraction and fell onto her knees, AND I had to help the second kid pass.. Came out half way and stopped.. It didn't look comfortable.. The kids, Buttercup and Cocoa, are doing GREAT and Pumpkin gives a LOT of milk.. She's a mixed breed (1/2 Dwarf Nigerian, 1/2 Nubian.. I think)..

Anywhoo, congratulations and easy birthing to you and Ginger!!

• Yep, it's definitely puffy!! Getting elongated too. :) We've started calling her "House" lol

Deborah Niemann-Boehle said:

Yay! (cue wild clapping) Bravo! Woo hoo!!! Congratulations!

And it also looks like you got a good shot of a puffy vagina, which is another indication that she's pregnant.

• CONGRATS!!!!! Finally :0))

• Yay! (cue wild clapping) Bravo! Woo hoo!!! Congratulations!

And it also looks like you got a good shot of a puffy vagina, which is another indication that she's pregnant.

• It's been nearly a year and a half since I've had goat's milk!! Looking forward to babies with you!!

• Oh Rachel, I am so happy for you! That is udderly delightful! I know I get more excited every day when I see my Marley' udder getting bigger and she should be at least the 19th of next month if not much longer. She is NOT a ND but I am still very happy about this. But I am expecting ND kids in June. But I won't be picking that doe up at the farm until next month, to bring her home. She has had quads 3 times before. So now you and I, we wait and wait and then we wait some more. Finally, in a few more weeks we will have our babies. YAY!

This reply was deleted.