Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Hi ND people. Our microfarm (Ranchito Gordito) is in a very small town in west Marin County, in the middle of amazing ranch and farmland.

I had goats (Nubian and Alpine) as a kid and have been wanting them ever since.

Two years ago, I brought home two doelings (Wednesday and Molly Jane) and in February, Molly Jane gave us three gorgeous babies. I'm raising goats so we can have milk, cheese, yogurt, soap, etc. for our family and so far it's been a blast.

We sold two babies and kept a pretty little polled doeling (Ellen May) - she's the one on the right in the pic below. 

We've also got chickens and ducks on our place: https://www.facebook.com/ranchitogordito and I am big into sourdough breadmaking, cheesemaking, and general farmsteading shenanigans...

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome Cynthia from one newbie to another. Those are some fine looking goats especially the little doelings you choose to keep.

Yes, she's a peach!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2018   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service