HELP!! LGD pups dieing

To make a long story short we've been getting a ton of rain. My 2.5 year old LGD female had a litter of pups July 26th 2018. In the last week we have lost three pups. We started out with a total of 11 and now we're down to 4. The pups get lethargic and then die usually a day later. No vomiting, no diarrhea, noses are clean, eyes are clear, just a bit lethargic maybe a slight cough also they start refusing to eat. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Also does anyone know if wild Mediterranean oregano oil or olive leaf extract might be okay to give to the puppies as an immune booster? I sure want to save the last 4 at least.

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Turns out they had a BAD case of parasites. And it also turns out that you can check them the same way you check goats. Light gums and tongues mean parasites. We've had more rain this year than we've had in all the 30+ years my husband has lived here in southwest Ks and the parasites got out of control before we realized what was going on. We managed to save the last 3 pups at least and now they're happy and healthy again. Thought I would post what we found in case someone else had a similar problem sometime.

• I'm sorry to hear that. Dogs are not my specialty. I'd call the vet. Good luck!

This reply was deleted.