Hello!

I am so happy to have found an active goat community, thank you for adding me!  My daughter (in the picture) has two nigerian dwarfs that are set to kid at the end of April.  This will be the first birth on our farm other then chickens and turkeys.  We are trying to learn everything possible.  To say I'm a little nervous would be an understatement!

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That is so great, Deborah!  Even though the goats were supposed to be my daughters "thing" we have all enjoyed them tremendously!  I can see myself in your shoes in a few years when she heads off to college and leaves the goaties with me :-)

Deborah Niemann-Boehle said:

Welcome to the group! My daughters had so much fun with our goats. In fact, it's their fault that we wound up with so many! Then they grew up and left me with a couple dozen milkers! But it was a wonderful experience for them. And my youngest credits growing up with goats as the reason she became a science nerd. She now has a PhD in biochemistry and works in disease diagnostics. 

• Welcome to the group! My daughters had so much fun with our goats. In fact, it's their fault that we wound up with so many! Then they grew up and left me with a couple dozen milkers! But it was a wonderful experience for them. And my youngest credits growing up with goats as the reason she became a science nerd. She now has a PhD in biochemistry and works in disease diagnostics. 

This reply was deleted.