Free Choice Selenium-- crazy goat behavior

I got some new selenium/vitamin E which I ordered on Amazon. It has added Zinc too and I was worried about my goats being zinc deficient as well. Well I got it today and they went CRAZY for it!! They all fought over it like it was candy. Really it was like the first time they got kelp and everyone fought over it-- but almost worse! I went around to everyone and gave them each some because they were seriously fighting over the mineral feeder! I hope nobody overdosed but it makes me wonder... were they seriously deficient?? I've never seen anything like how crazy they went over it! I'll attach a pic of it. 

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm looking for the Fertrell one but can't find it in my area. It seems to have a lot more selenium than the one I got and my girls have almost eaten 5 lbs in a WEEK!!
    Emily said:

I just got my Selenium/E powder from Fertrell and My girls did the same thing!! I'm so scared they are going to OD on it. They went completely bazerk. They completely ignored the Selenium/E powder I got from Hoegger and Caprine Supply unless they ran out of Sweetlix. They actually chose the selenium over the kelp, which never happens!! 

• I just got my Selenium/E powder from Fertrell and My girls did the same thing!! I'm so scared they are going to OD on it. They went completely bazerk. They completely ignored the Selenium/E powder I got from Hoegger and Caprine Supply unless they ran out of Sweetlix. They actually chose the selenium over the kelp, which never happens!! 

• I want to mention that they already had free choice selenium in the feeders but it hardly got eaten. They just didn't seem to care for it. I wonder why they LOVE this one so much?

This reply was deleted.