Doelings and Bucklings for sale - SE Iowa

Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goat doelings and bucklings.  These are healthy and beautiful little goats.  Our line comes from Antiquity Oaks in Illinois.  Deborah just notified me that both dams and our sire's dam were all on AGA's top 10 list for 2011 one-day milk tests!  We have 4 doelings and 2 bucklings for sale.  Some are naturally polled; others have been disbudded.  Asking $350 each.  We are located about 20 miles west of Ottumwa, Iowa.  All born March 7.  I'm going to try to add pics; if they aren't here I will get them added later today.  Thank you for looking. 

Sire:  AOF AJ's Charles Horace Mayo *S

Sire's Sire:  Silveraurora TH Apple Jack *S

Sire's Dam:  Antiquity Oaks PG Jo March 4 *D VG AR2496

Dams: 

1.  AOF Draco's Bonnie Parker 3*D VG

Dam's Sire:  Pecan Hollow L. Draco E

Dam's Dam:  Antiquity Oaks Lizzy Borden 2 *D VG AR2498

2.  Maly Cleopatra 3*DVG

Dam's Sire:  Buttin'Heads Topol *S

Dam's Dam:  Buttin'Head Mink Stole 2 *D VG AR1420

doe sue (640x358).jpg

tays 2 sp.jpg

sues pecan buck 2.jpg

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks, girls, for your input.  I have decided life would be manageable again without the goats.  Yes, Liz, if I could have sold the babies easily earlier I probably wouldn't have decided to sell them all.  At this point I realize I just need to simplify my life, and this is the easiest way to do it.  Please give me a day or 2 and I will get pics, pedigrees and info on the adults posted.  They are all double registered except the FF, and I believe she is only AGS registered.   

• Hooves Full!     That is so cute!     Oh, Sue I hope you are sure. Have you thought about just cutting back to a couple of breeders until next year, so you will have something left to start back up with if you want to. I wish I were closer, so I could come see them. I really like that one little doe. Shoot if I were closer, I would probably try to get the whole herd, knowing me!  I do sympathize with you though. I have had to do similar things before. I guess that is why I am enjoying my herd so very much now. Because I do not work away from home. All my kids are in school. In fact after Oct., 3 of the 7 will be gone, 2 in high sch., 1 middle, and the baby will be in 4th grade so I have a whole lot more time than I use to. I pretty much spend all day around here keeping an eye out on the goaties. They pretty much are my job now. All though there basic needs of being fed etc. can be taken care of in a matter of a few minutes a day, (right now with no milking etc.) because I have made sure they are set up to where they can be fed and cared for by someone in an emergency or something like that quickly and without having to enter their pens. That way I don't have to worry about someone letting them out or leaving a gate open etc. I spend a great deal of my day wandering around talking to goats, loving on them and just generally interacting with them. I even do a lot of cooking on my porch, hanging out cloths, etc. during the day keeping an eye on my herd. Heck that's even how I manage to be on my PC and this site so much. Half the time I am on here I am outside with my herd. I love that being able to be with them and on the PC learning about and sharing them all at the same time. Don't get me wrong, this family really keeps me hopping, always have, but any time I possibly can I spend with my herd! Oh well, the closest contact I have to you is Clarkesville, Tn. so unless you have anyone you go to see in that direction I certainly couldn't get them a ride right now. I already paid a bundle to get 9 from out west. I can't do that again right now.

• Hi Sue

Oh my goodness, you are letting all of your beautiful goats go to a new home? You are making it very hard on me for sure! Are you sure you want to release all of them? I can understand your responsibilities and your priorities though. If you can let me know more about the individuals in your herd I would appreciate it. It appears you have invested in some good lines! 

Our goats take up most of our time between 1 and 4:30 every afternoon and we are not even milking yet so I understand the time commitment. We could spend less time with them but at this point we don't feel we are spending enough time with them! We are only two years in to our goats and still have a lot to learn. Our goats have their hooves full teaching us every thing we need to know :-)

• Hi Liz,

Are you sure!  Just kidding!  I think I am going to sell all of my goats.  They are fun, I love the cheese and the soap.  But my life is sooo busy, I find myself going in circles.  I babysit for grandkids that live 1/4 mile away.  The 9 yr old and 6 yr old are no problem (except messy) but the 14 mo old is into everything.  She is so precious, and I do not keep her all the time, but you can't take your eyes off her for a second.  Then baby no. 4 is due is September!  My son and husband are building an ag equipment repair shop on our farm and I never know  how many I am going to have to feed.  Now the garden and berries are producing abundantly, and taking more time. I don't think I have a great set up for the goats because it takes me at least 3 hr choring a day, including milking.  I would have a lot less stress without them (the goats, not the grandkids).  These were expensive goats, and I know I will take a great financial loss, but  oh well.  How do you all do it????  If you know anyone interested let me know.  I have 2 milkers, plus 1 FF with twin doelings born May 20.  Plus the 3 girls born March 7, and one buckling born March 7.  Then I have a really nice buck and a wether from last year, who would be free if wanted.

• Right, that's what I figured. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something else that would affect that decision. I don't have that problem right now. I will bring in an individual, at this point without worrying. So far it has been no problem because although I do quarantine, I am here so much that I quarantine as close to me as possible (like right by my porch-with one coming now who is soon to kid) that way they are not as lonely because I am at their side so much taming and or making friends with them, 'til that don't want any more company. I think it works out well because they have a chance to bond with us and then they get to know the herd a few at a time slowly in neutral areas, not in their pens. Before you know it they're all friends. So far it has worked fine. But, I only have 13 here right now and 1 coming, so it might be different when there are more. Any way I understand what you mean.

• Hi Margaret

Since I quarantine and slowly introduce newbies to my herd, I prefer to bring home two at a time. I brought home one of Deborah's beautiful bucks recently without a companion and he did okay. The herd also tends to spread out the bullying when two are introduced and I don't have all of them going at the one goat at a time.  Besides that, these little goats are addictive to me:)

• Maybe it is to early in the morning and I am not thinking clear. Am I missing something Liz, why would you have to take two? If I lived close I would love to get one. 

• Hi Sue

It is sooo tempting, but if I bring 1 home I have to bring 2! I better not;(

• I still have 3 doelings and one buckling for sale (all born March 7).  These babies are not babies any longer and really need homes.  I am dropping the price from $350 each to $150.  It seems that no one in our area is interested in milk goats.  The ones that are sold went to a goat farm that raises them for pets.  These are really nice kids.  I also had a set of twins on May 20 that are really cute.  I don't have pics yet but will try to get them up soon.  They also are $150 each.  Please call me at 641-777-2945 if you are interested or have questions.  Thank you!

• Thank you, Margaret.  I like her coloring, too.  But then, I like all of them!  She is the only polled one I have that is not sold.

Liz, I don't know what I was thinking; if you want to send me your cell phone no. for pics, my email address is horsepeople@jesusanswers.com.

This reply was deleted.