Best places to sell goats?

Well, we have officially decided to make the move to Alabama, as my dad was offered a job there. I went back in forth in my mind trying to decided whether or not to keep my goats and bring them to AL, or if I should sell them in Arizona. I ended up deciding that the best choice for me is to sell them. Because, number one, I don't want to deal with the stress of moving them (we already have 4 dogs and 2 horses to move, plus all of our belongings.), number two, we probably won't be buying a property that is ready for goats (we will set up something eventually). 

Anyways, I have posted them on craigslist, but I was wondering if any of you know of other places I could advertise them? Also, if anybody knows of reputable breeders in Alabama, as I plan to buy goats there hopefully in spring 2021.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats to add comments!

Join Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The way we do it on the two group I am in on Facebook is we just say up for discussion and then direct everything to messages then to email that way any mention of buy sell or trade is completely off facebook. Now the Icelandic chicken group directs all discussion outside of general keeping questions to the MeWe page.

Deborah Niemann-Boehle said:

Advertising live animals is against Facebook's terms of service, which is why I didn't mention it. You can get kicked off of Facebook for violating their TOS. At the very least, your post can get deleted automatically by their bots if they realize you're selling animals. I know of a pig group that was completely shut down by Facebook because they were advertising animals for sale. Some people try to get creative and say things like "lawnmower for sale" with a picture of their goat. I suppose that keeps the bots from figuring it out, but if someone reports the post, then you're in trouble. Facebook used to be a great way to sell animals, but not really anymore.

Some people have gone to MeWe, which is a Facebook wannabe, but it seems like the only reason people are there is to sell goats. I've listed some of my goats in goat groups on there but never sold any. 

• Yes, I am aware of that. We've advertised horses on there and been able to get the posts on there, so I guess we'll see. 

Deborah Niemann-Boehle said:

Advertising live animals is against Facebook's terms of service, which is why I didn't mention it. You can get kicked off of Facebook for violating their TOS. At the very least, your post can get deleted automatically by their bots if they realize you're selling animals. I know of a pig group that was completely shut down by Facebook because they were advertising animals for sale. Some people try to get creative and say things like "lawnmower for sale" with a picture of their goat. I suppose that keeps the bots from figuring it out, but if someone reports the post, then you're in trouble. Facebook used to be a great way to sell animals, but not really anymore.

Some people have gone to MeWe, which is a Facebook wannabe, but it seems like the only reason people are there is to sell goats. I've listed some of my goats in goat groups on there but never sold any. 

• Advertising live animals is against Facebook's terms of service, which is why I didn't mention it. You can get kicked off of Facebook for violating their TOS. At the very least, your post can get deleted automatically by their bots if they realize you're selling animals. I know of a pig group that was completely shut down by Facebook because they were advertising animals for sale. Some people try to get creative and say things like "lawnmower for sale" with a picture of their goat. I suppose that keeps the bots from figuring it out, but if someone reports the post, then you're in trouble. Facebook used to be a great way to sell animals, but not really anymore.

• Thanks for the tips Pamela! I'll look into advertising them on Facebook.

Pamela Adkins said:

Here in New Mexico we have a couple of facebook groups New Mexico Sheep and Goats and New Mexico Livestock and Farm Supply. Both places are a great for finding serious buyers that are at the very least trying to do it correctly. Perhaps you have something similar where you are and where you are going.

• Here in New Mexico we have a couple of facebook groups New Mexico Sheep and Goats and New Mexico Livestock and Farm Supply. Both places are a great for finding serious buyers that are at the very least trying to do it correctly. Perhaps you have something similar where you are and where you are going.

• Yes, I understand that you have to be very careful with Craigslist. That is why I asked if you know of any better places to sell them.

Thanks!

• Be very careful about screening people from Craigslist. I only advertised goats on there one time, and that was more than enough to last me a lifetime. I got way too many crazy people calling -- people who had obviously not done any homework on having goats, starting with people who just wanted "a pet goat."

I would search for "nigerian dwarf goats in alabama" and you will get websites for serious goat breeders. That's how I sell all my goats -- people find my website. 

This reply was deleted.