Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Question: Can DE be used for goats to elimnate parasites instead of a dewormer? I was talking to my dad about parasite problems, and he said "Why don't we just get them some DE?" Would that work? I guess I'm kind of confused by that. If you can use it, how do you use it?

Views: 648

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We use DE for the sheep I have and although we normally don't give the sheep grain, at worming time we give pumpkin seeds, cut carrots, garlic, DE and a little grain- it has worked for years. However- then I discovered NOMS ( google it for description) and the goats loved it - (although sheep didn't)it is basically DE and herbs. It was a powder and I had it free feed. Darn company changed it to pellets and reports are it doesn't work the same but if they bring back powder- the goats will be happy. Worked well I thought. They don't eat DE free feed.

Can't you put the pellets in a blender or coffee grinder and make them into powder?

Judy Asarkof said:

[snip]
It was a powder and I had it free feed. Darn company changed it to pellets and reports are it doesn't work the same but if they bring back powder- the goats will be happy. Worked well I thought. They don't eat DE free feed.
I could but it really should be their role to bring back the powder NOMS. It was especially great for lambing and kidding as the babies magically found it at a certain age. We had lambs from Jan-Mar - nit my doing- sheep came pregnant. Every lamb found the NOMS at 2 weeks of age and enjoyed it for a few weeks- then do me until older.

I'll follow up again. ABC company.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Books written by Deborah Niemann

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2020   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service