Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

All Discussions Tagged 'hay' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Teff Hay for Wethers

Does anyone have experience using Teff hay? I got my hands on some and stocked up for the winter--mainly because that's what was available…

Started by Naomi D'Andrea

1 Oct 29
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Hay prices

I always find it fascinating to see what people are paying for hay in different parts of the country. I'm in Central Illinois and am happy…

Started by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

38 Feb 27, 2015
Reply by Dion Walters

How much food per day?

I am working on our farm plans and want to incorporate producing all of our goats food here on site. I am finding it really difficult to ge…

Started by Jessica

6 Jul 3, 2014
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Bedding...Cobb VS Hay VS ???

I've got everything setup for my girls (they come home Sunday YAY!) but one important thing I am lacking is the bedding. I've read really g…

Started by Jessica

10 May 11, 2014
Reply by Jessica

Pellets VS Hay

I know hay would be optimal however until i get my pastures finished and in production finding good quality hay in my area is proving nearl…

Started by Jessica

4 May 6, 2014
Reply by Rachel Whetzel at MigMog Acres

Hay and Feeding 101

Okay, go totally "for dummies" on me here, because I know next to nothing when it comes to hay.  I have been feeding my girls half timothy…

Started by Randi Leister

5 Apr 9, 2014
Reply by Randi Leister

Hay Feeder Height

We are making a wooden hay feeder and I was wondering how high we should place the feeder. We are building a shelf w/lip underneath it to c…

Started by Lisa Cotter

12 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by Lisa Cotter

Nutrients in weeds

Next time a new member talks about ripping up the weeds in their pasture and planting grass, we need to point them to this study: http://ho…

Started by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

1 Dec 4, 2013
Reply by Kare

Moldy timothy hay-- is it okay for them to eat?

I really did my homework and sought out good quality hay (or so I thought) for my girls, but now when I pull a flake off, a cloud of mold c…

Started by Julia @Woody Glen Farm

5 Aug 4, 2013
Reply by Kathy Fuller

Curious about the effect of a diet change I have made!

Due to info on the forum about the effects of giving grain to pregnant and dry does, and males we started cutting back on the grain. We wer…

Started by Margaret Langley

23 Nov 7, 2012
Reply by Juliana Goodwin

RSS

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2019   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service