Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

All Discussions Tagged 'grain' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Grain and Goats

I have a herd of four right now, a buckling from this spring, a whether from this spring as bucklings buddy, and a mother/ daughter pair, m…

Started by Jakayla Marie Hamminga

2 on Friday
Reply by Jakayla Marie Hamminga

To grain or not to grain?

We have two doelings, 3 months and 12 days old. In all my reading I'm seeing that offering grain is something that many do, and even say th…

Started by Kristi Stone

12 May 10, 2015
Reply by Winding River Farm (Bev)

Lesson learned the hard way

So I've been reading on this site for 2 years and have learned SO much. But again I made a mistake and learned the hard way. I have a 2nd f…

Started by Julia @Woody Glen Farm

50 Apr 9, 2015
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Feeding bucks grain and alfalfa

I learned so much in our last discussion regarding pregnant does, I would love to have a discussion about buck feeding. I have 3 young buck…

3 Feb 3, 2015
Reply by Winding River Farm (Bev)

How much food per day?

I am working on our farm plans and want to incorporate producing all of our goats food here on site. I am finding it really difficult to ge…

Started by Jessica

6 Jul 3, 2014

Bucklings getting enough to eat?

Hi, I could use some help/advice. My 2 bucklings are 4 and a half months old and been separated from mama for about 6 weeks. They live with…

4 Dec 24, 2013
Reply by Julia @Woody Glen Farm

Buckling loose stool... eating too much grain?

I have been treating my two five week old bucklings for coccidiosis (vet said one of them had) with Albon but the one buckling who tested "…

20 Sep 22, 2013
Reply by Melissa Johnson

Curious about the effect of a diet change I have made!

Due to info on the forum about the effects of giving grain to pregnant and dry does, and males we started cutting back on the grain. We wer…

Started by Margaret Langley

23 Nov 7, 2012
Reply by Juliana Goodwin

Feed Question

I know there are way too many questions out there about feeding, but here is another one!  I have one 35 lb buck , one 26.5 lb wether and t…

Started by Keri Sims

7 Aug 13, 2012

RSS

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2018   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service