Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

All Discussions Tagged 'buck' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Zinc Deficiency in my Buck

Recently, I've noticed my buck seems to have real dry, flaky skin (especially along his top line), and some balding on the top of his head.…

Started by Jabe Thomas

3 Jan 30
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Feed for bucklings to add weight

Okay, I've always had the boys wethered and have not kept them because of my limitations (City code).  I have two bucklings, born mid-April…

Started by Glenna Rose

4 Jan 5

Help my Buck not doing it

So I have this DN buck from good stock ...I got him at 10 weeks and know breeder and herd so I am kind of lost here. He will be 2 years old…

Started by Deborah Painchaud

2 Jun 11, 2015
Reply by Rachel Whetzel at MigMog Acres

Housing Buck with Rams

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience housing bucks with rams. I'm hesitant, as I wouldn't want the rams to 'ram' and injure the buck.…

Started by Harris Family Farm

1 May 22, 2015

Buck with clumpy poo, fecal looks okay. What's wrong?

My 2 yr old buck has had dog-log poos for 2 days. I am new to doing fecals (took a class at convention last summer) so I've done it 3 times…

Started by Julia @Woody Glen Farm

32 Mar 5, 2014

Roller coaster milk production

I'm new to this and have only the one milking doe I have been milking for a couple of months. She consistently gives me 1 and a half pints…

Started by Julia @Woody Glen Farm

1 Nov 8, 2013

Registered Nigerian Stud in NE OK

My doe should be coming into heat in October, and I am looking for a registered buck for stud, somewhere in the Tulsa, OK area.  Please con…

Started by Heather Elaine King

10 Sep 2, 2013
Reply by Glenna Rose

Starting a herd and choosing a buck

First let me introduce myself.  My name is Virginia.  I live on my family farm with my daughter (age 6) and my father.  We are getting our…

Started by Virginia Dillihay

10 Jun 11, 2013
Reply by Margaret Langley

Buck woes... solutions?

Hi Folks, I'm an urban farmer located near Seattle WA.  I have been keeping Nigerians since Dec of 2011, and loving every minute!  My does…

Started by Charmaine Slaven

5 Mar 9, 2013
Reply by Margaret Langley

Why is it so difficult to find quality bucks willing to breed to outside does?

Seriously, you would think if you (doe owner) could provide paperwork stating your doe has tested negative for CAE/CL/Johnes and has her he…

Started by FrauBurau

40 Oct 1, 2012
Reply by Glenna Rose

RSS

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2017   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service