Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Goats 101 (876)

Featured Discussions

Milk Production Expectations

I am looking into purchasing a ND doe and I am primarily interested in milk production capabilities and this would be the foundational doe…

Started by Theresa BLatest Reply

My Goat Kit

First of all, let me say. I don't like surprises. So I've been reading and learning and talking and learning and learning and learning abou…

Started by Rachel Whetzel at MigMog AcresLatest Reply

Movable Pens

Recently I've been asked a LOT about my movable pens, so I thought I'd start a discussion forum about this and help explain better, that wa…

Started by Elyse NicholsonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Advice appreciated for arranging our new paddock

Looking for advise please. We are preparing our 4 acre hobby farm for 4 registered NDs due here next month. I have cleared and prepared a 9…

Started by Garry Mellan

5 May 29
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Standard body weight

Being new to raising goats, I am wondering if ours are at the right weight. I read the “Body Condition Scores in Goats” resource from one o…

Started by Amalia Young

7 May 23

When to separate a buckling

Just hoping to hear from those who have experience weaning bucklings and preparing them to leave the farm. We have always wethered our buck…

Started by Jabe Thomas

2 May 15
Reply by Jabe Thomas

Goats won't eat minerals

How would you handle goats that refuse minerals?  Even my two Icelandic lambs, who live with my does, are refusing them.  I started using C…

Started by Sparrow

14 Mar 27

Baby goat horns

I"m a first time goat owner.  My doe delivered two babies yesterday and they are up and wagging their tails this morning.  I am not finding…

Started by Abbie Stockett

3 Mar 21
Reply by Abbie Stockett

My Goat Kit

First of all, let me say. I don't like surprises. So I've been reading and learning and talking and learning and learning and learning abou…

Started by Rachel Whetzel at MigMog Acres

33 Mar 16
Reply by Denis LaMadeleine

Appropriate style of fence question

I am not one of those people who has to have the newest and the best fence out there. I do have to face the fact great fencing is expensive…

Started by Garry Mellan

2 Mar 13
Reply by Garry Mellan

acquiring does or wethers?

Hi all, We're getting three goats in a few months - they will be about 4 months old when we get them. We're going to be using them primaril…

Started by Elizabeth Parson

11 Mar 12

Milk Production Expectations

I am looking into purchasing a ND doe and I am primarily interested in milk production capabilities and this would be the foundational doe…

Started by Theresa B

64 Mar 4
Reply by Glenna Rose

Smart questions when buying a milking doe

I am trying to buy a few does to milk for my family this year.  Ideally I am looking for a buckling from the same herd that is unrel…

Started by Sparrow

1 Mar 1

RSS

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2019   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service