Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Goats 101 (842)

Featured Discussions

Milk Production Expectations

I am looking into purchasing a ND doe and I am primarily interested in milk production capabilities and this would be the foundational doe…

Started by Theresa BLatest Reply

My Goat Kit

First of all, let me say. I don't like surprises. So I've been reading and learning and talking and learning and learning and learning abou…

Started by Rachel Whetzel at MigMog AcresLatest Reply

Movable Pens

Recently I've been asked a LOT about my movable pens, so I thought I'd start a discussion forum about this and help explain better, that wa…

Started by Elyse NicholsonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Safety Margin for Gardenias, Elderberries & Tall Lettuce

I have searched many websites and many of the posts on this forum but have not found the answers to some new questions.  Gardenias:  I have…

Started by Cynthia Koscinch

2 on Monday
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Young doe, underweight

My big reason for joining is a question that has me quite stressed. My nigerian/pygmy doe, Hershey is almost 11 months and is only 21 lbs,…

Started by Jennifer Bridgeman

9 May 18

what age to wean bottle baby from grain

What age should I wean bottle baby bucklings and does from grain?

Started by James Tinker

8 May 7

Minerals Question: Goats eating too much

I've been needing to ask a question about minerals for some time, but I couldn't get all the info I felt might be helpful to you in without…

Started by Patty Meyer

11 May 4
Reply by Cynthia Koscinch

Whole vs. Rolled Oats

Any preference between whole and rolled oats as part of a grain mix for does? It seems the internet has mixed views. Go figure. If anyone h…

Started by Jabe Thomas

3 Apr 27

Milk Production Expectations

I am looking into purchasing a ND doe and I am primarily interested in milk production capabilities and this would be the foundational doe…

Started by Theresa B

60 Apr 20

Hay

Hello all! I currently feed my goats timothy hay because my horses eat it. They like it but is there another, less expensive, hay that they…

Started by Teresa Seipel

3 Apr 19
Reply by Patty Meyer

Feeding schedule for 10-week old kids

My wife just got two young Dwarf Nigerian goats, 10 weeks old. They weight 17 and 14 pounds and have been fed twice a day by the breeder, a…

Started by P Coghlan

11 Apr 5

Fence Problem need help asap!!

We have 2 wethers that will be 1 year old in June neither of them were dehorned. One of them has recently started sticking his head threw t…

Started by Riley Tuyls

2 Apr 4
Reply by Riley Tuyls

Burdizzo fail

Two months ago, I castrated an 11 month old with a burdizzo (emasculator from Jeffers), and only one side took. This definitely could have…

Started by Jess Johnson

1 Apr 3

RSS

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2017   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service