Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats

for people who love the littlest dairy goats

Goats 101 (888)

Featured Discussions

Milk Production Expectations

I am looking into purchasing a ND doe and I am primarily interested in milk production capabilities and this would be the foundational doe…

Started by Theresa BLatest Reply

My Goat Kit

First of all, let me say. I don't like surprises. So I've been reading and learning and talking and learning and learning and learning abou…

Started by Rachel Whetzel at MigMog AcresLatest Reply

Movable Pens

Recently I've been asked a LOT about my movable pens, so I thought I'd start a discussion forum about this and help explain better, that wa…

Started by Elyse NicholsonLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tattooing

Is this a fine tattoo kit for the nigerian dwarfs? I didn't add a link, but here is the description. Special 3/8" letters & numbers f…

Started by Lil

2 Jul 8
Reply by Lil

LGD questions.

I've been thinking a lot about getting a livestock guardian dog, and I'd really like to. I currently have just two doelings that live in a…

Started by Lil

5 Jun 24
Reply by Deborah Niemann-Boehle

Color Description

I'm trying to decide what I would describe my buckling's coloring as... he is mostly a reddish roan/ brown, with white markings, and the bl…

Started by Lil

3 Jun 6
Reply by Lil

Moonspot?

So I'm a newbie, and I'm trying to learn about the coat patterns and colors. My doeling is light gold, and I noticed a darker gold spot on…

Started by Lil

2 Jun 4
Reply by Lil

Bucks in Rut

I've been trying to find an answer to this question, and with all my research can't seem to get one! How long are Nigerian Dwarf bucks in r…

Started by Lil

2 Apr 21
Reply by Lil

doe kid disbudding

Hi...  I'm getting ready to disbud female kid. she is 13 days old.  My previous disbudding has always left small scurs. This time I want to…

Started by Trish

1 Mar 19

Our Australian Friends

We have at least two members here from Australia growing their herds, one being Michael Garwood. I've been thinking a lot about them and wo…

Started by Glenna Rose

3 Jan 31
Reply by Glenna Rose

Lost back teeth

This morning my husband found what looks like a string of the back teeth from one of our 8 NDs. Their front teeth are much taller than the…

Started by Amalia Young

3 Nov 6, 2019

Teff Hay for Wethers

Does anyone have experience using Teff hay? I got my hands on some and stocked up for the winter--mainly because that's what was available…

Started by Naomi D'Andrea

1 Oct 29, 2019

need help on dehorning paste on thick scur if possible?

Hi,I'm not using dehorning paste on a young goat, but what I would like to do is put it on the top of a nigerian duck's thick scur. I've be…

Started by Trish

5 Oct 24, 2019

RSS

Books written by Deborah Niemann

Order this book on Kindle!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Need goat equipment?

Yogurt Maker

2-quart milk pail

Mineral feeder (put minerals in one side and baking soda in the other!)

© 2020   Created by Deborah Niemann-Boehle.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service